Friday, July 13, 2012

Ash's debut music video "Burn (One Love)" ... It's Here!!



ABOVE IS THE actual June 12-released FULL LENGTH MUSIC VIDEO

BELOW IS THE June 1 POST ANNOUNCING IT'S PREVIEW

Crazy excited!!!! Just 10 more days till we release Ash's "Burn (One Love)" Music Video, directed by Elevate Films. You know, I rarely give myself props for what I do. I work hard, I give everything I've got, and sometimes I accomplish extraordinary things ... but I rarely acknowledge my own contributions even to myself, because what I typically do is just what I'm supposed to do. It's like comedian Chris Rock making fun of men who boast about staying to raise their babies ... "that's what you're SUPPOSED to do!" That's how I feel about most of what I do ... I'm just supposed to do it. What's there to boast about??

But when I saw the near-final edit of Ash's debut music video just a few days ago, late Monday evening, all alone in my office room ... well, damn, my whole being just swelled up with pride. I was damn proud of ME! All my efforts for the past 9 months have given birth to one of the finest music videos I've ever seen.

Now truthfully, my deep sense of pride is just a testimony to the excellence I've surrounded myself with: The artist, Ash Ruiz, worldclass songwriter and performer. Kaz and Edwin Itoh, brilliant music producers. Terra & Michael Doss, class-act, heart-centered business partners. Mikki Willis and Akira Chan, the worldclass visionary film directors of Elevate Films. Yup, all those brilliant people, plus myself (and surely many others), add up to making this video happen.

But I get the unique role of playing the tenaciously sturdy thread that runs right through the middle of all this human brilliance, holding the pieces together so that this one inspired work of uplifting art can finally come to planet earth. Given what it's taken to get this done, with so few resources and all kinds of challenging, weary moments ... yeah, I'm just damn proud of myself. And my momma, is too.

Subscribe to ashruiztv ... then tell Siri to remind you on June 12 that Ash Ruiz is serenading you over breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment